Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

All Day Seminar: August 2012


What we did on the All Day Seminar:  Sunday 12 August 2012

As always, the Bi-monthly Day Seminar gave us an opportunity to review a lot of concepts and principles.  Many thanks to those who came and made it a great day.

Group 1:  Walking.

Group 2:  Review of all basic kata.
Kata Shintai: Three dimensional statement; Spherical model; Cubic model.
Kata Naihanchi (ni) part one.

A good and productive day.  The elements of the so called Kata Shintai or Tancho are coming together now.  Of all the projects I have embarked upon this has been the most taxing mentally because I am no mathematician.  However, I am good at plugging away at something until I get where I need to be.  What I thought might take six months to resolve may well take a year, but where before all I could see was darkness, I can at last see a glimmer of light that is becoming brighter.

I have the components more or less organised into ten groups as follows.  

1.     Opening Symbolism
2.     The Sphere
3.     Arcs
4.     Spirals
5.     Sigmoid Curves
6.     Lemniscate Loops
7.     Slingshot Actions
8.     Methods of Working Two Hands
9.     Hidden Understandings
10.   Closing Symbolism

No comments:

Post a Comment