Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Karate-do Taikan

My friend Angel Lemus writes:


"I have had this book since 1993 from our trip to Okinawa. I bought it at a typical book store in Naha when I saw the cover, I had to buy it.  Lots of cool old photos but I could not read one word of course.  The book cost my $150 in 1993 dollars.  Over the years I have heard that it is the most comprehensive karate book ever done, and it is the one book to have and I have been pissed for 19 years cause I could not read anything on it.  

Well I recently purchased a translation in English and I am so happy I did, the information in here is awesome, timeless, and just solidifies so much of the history and information of old school Karate. So much of what has been written post WWII is kinda hard to know if it is real or misinterpreted.  This book was done during the time, Kyan, Chibana, Hanashiro, Miyagi, Mabuni, Gusukuma were all alive and it is SO GOOD to finally be able to understand what is in these pages.
Genwa Nakasone’s 1938 book "Karate-do Taikan"

No comments:

Post a Comment