Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Kata Shintai


Friday 6 July 2012
Formal kumite.

Recognising the essence of Kata Shintai has become extremely difficult and challenging for me.  I have embarked upon creating a ‘complete’ form with a view to producing a simplified version from that rather than create a simple form and then work towards recognising its hidden depths thereafter.  I do not have the mental capacity to hold a multiplicity of trajectories in my head while I work out a logical progression but in the absence of any other way to move forwards I am spending rather too much time reflecting when I go to bed before I fall asleep and in the morning when I wake up – it has become something of a personal obsession to complete this project.  I am rather hoping I solve its mysteries before it drives me mad and I learn to detest it.  I have show the members its component parts, at least enough for them to practise its essence, but how it will eventually hang together is another thing altogether.  My target was to complete it within six months but that deadline was on 11 June, it is now a month later and its final completion seems ever further away.

No comments:

Post a Comment